the best of times...

We all have one. Mine is blue and as big as a Bible. The vinyl cover is worn on the edges and the three ring binder does not close the way it should.

It's my photo album.

Turning the cellophane covered pages, I see the white outlines of missing pictures taken for this occasion or that occasion, never returned. Some of the pages stick together because the clear wrapper is gone. I love it though. The faded pictures remind me of times better than they were. Time applying a Gaussian blur, proclaiming them, "the best."

That album is full. This is our new, shiny album. We don't need to worry about rough handling or getting fingerprints on the pictures. No outlines of lost images. These images will not fade. Time, however, will still apply a filter leaving only...

Thank you for stopping by. We hope you enjoy.

Monday, September 14, 2009

September

On our anniversary I like to reminisce about our wedding day and one thing that I remember is crying so much while we said our vows. I stayed up the night before trying to write the perfect vows. When it was time for our vows, Mike went first and I should have gone first because after the first few words he said I started to cry and I could not stop. Right before me was the love of my life and I was so happy he was the one. When it was my turn I still was crying and didn't read what I wrote, but I said what I felt at that moment and it was perfect. That was my favorite moment of our wedding day. Looking at pictures it looked as though everyone else was crying too. I hope they were happy tears also=). I am so blessed to be married to my Mikey.

For our 6th anniversary we decided to try the farm restaurant in Redlands. When we first arrived, I noticed their decorations and I loved how the walls were decorated with photographs. We started with the vegetable lasagna and the mushroom polenta. This was the first time I tried polenta and I loved it. That was my favorite dish of the evening. For our main course Mike had the chicken and I had the salmon. We enjoyed our dishes and saved room for dessert. We got the strawberry tart and we devoured it. Can't wait to come back again and try some other dishes.




When Ann asked me take her and Charity's pictures I was kinda skeptical. I've never done a Harajuku/Juicy Couture photo shoot before and I did not know what to expect. When they arrived, I didn't even recogize them, they were all glammed up from head to toe. Ann and Charity were ready with their Juicy bags, lollipops, and glitzy accessories. Ann even asked Kaela if she could borrow her headband. Ann and Charity were fabulous models, they knew exactly how to pose and made it easier for me. Now I had to think of what to wear to their birthday party.

I did not know how these girls could walk in their heels. I could never wear heels this high.





Happy Birthday Ann and Charity! I finally found something to wear and I had to borrow one of Kaela's headband. Their party had a candy/beauty bar and goodies to take home with us. I was able to find some cute headbands for Kaela and also some godiva chocolate. There was also a mannequin to take pictures with and cute cupcakes my sister made.
Ann all glammed up.


I still need to find a childhood picture of all of us together!



The Adventurer club decided to go indoor rock climbing in Riverside and I was excited when I heard about it. This was a first time for all of us and we were ready to go climbing. When we arrived, Kaela was scared and didn't get into her harness. Her grandparents were bribing her with money to get into her harness and rock climb. She finally agreed and about halfway up, she started freaking out and wanted to stop. She wanted to get back down and it took her awhile for her to get down. Kaela was done, but I'm glad she had a chance to experience rock climbing. Mike and I had a blast rock climbing and our arms were completely sore for days. Maybe we'll try outdoor rock climbing someday, but for now we will come back and try the harder levels.

I love the colorful rocks!

He was the youngest Adventurer to climb.

She got so scared! Maybe she will be ready next year.


Yeah I made it to the top!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP